Unless instructed otherwise, ACC sends ACC Levy invoices directly to business owners. This means that in most cases we don't see the invoices until well after payment has been made. Unfortunately these ACC invoices are often incorrect and therefore you can end up paying much more for your ACC levies than you need to. The types of errors that we find are:
- Wrong classification rates used.
- Using the wrong earnings.
- Not splitting the income to allow for the different types of work carried out by the various business owners.
- Continuing to pay full ACC Levies despite paying for Income Protection Insurance.
- Incorrect charging of levies where changes have been made to the business structure.
- Part-timers treated as full-timers.
We regularly see clients being chased for ACC not due as well as clients losing out when it comes to claiming from ACC. There are loads of examples we see of crazy ACC bills, like the part-time lady client who made a $900 profit being asked to pay $800 worth of ACC or another client with rental losses of $66 being hassled for $1,250 of ACC.
We have also found, where a recommendation has been made to clients to consider alternative ACC products, that some clients have not followed up on that advice and are therefore not maximising the opportunities offered by the ACC legislation to save money and ensure you are properly covered in the event of an accident. By getting a better ACC product some clients can save thousands in ACC premiums.
Our ACC Administration and Advisory Service involves our firm acting as your agent for all your ACC related matters. The advantages to you are:
- All ACC related information will come to us.
- We will review the invoices and ensure they are correct.
- We will advise you immediately of payments due.
- You can rest assured in the knowledge that your levies are correct, and have been minimised.
- We will advise you on the best options available to you for your ACC cover.
- We will also assist you in claiming from ACC which can be tricky.
- We will keep you up to date with any changes in ACC legislation that may affect you.
The cost of our ACC Administration and Advisory Service is modest but is dependent on the complexity of your business, so contact us today to find out more about how we can save you money and ensure you don't lose out!