Most businesses have a life cycle and eventually come to the end of their natural life.
We can help you wind down your business so there are no on-going penalties, complications or compliance obligations. This may include:
- Ceasing registrations for various tax types - GST, FBT, Employer and PAYE
- Dealing with residual assets and liabilities in the correct manner
- Ensuring any residual ACC obligations are addressed and ACC records closed
- Attending to final Financial Statements and Income Tax Returns.
- In the case of companies, Shareholders and Directors resolutions to initiate removal from the Companies Register.
- IRD tax clearance
- Lodge appropriate documentation with the Companies Office for removal from the Register.
- Notify IRD once company is removed so the IRD can close its files
At the Accountancy & Business Advice Centre we understand the intricacies of the numerous relationships businesses develop with their stakeholder's and the need for these to be addressed in an orderly wind-down. Often, there is just as much involved in winding down a business as there is starting it up.